Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Et tu, Brute?"

I've never read the masterpiece pen work of Shakespear, Julius Caesar. But as you see, there are dialogues, which in time, become immortal.

We donot know why Brutus, the truest ally of Gaius Julius Caesar, became a part of the vicious treachery, to kill the greatest general of all times. Brutus, the most noble of all Romans, one who spoke for Caesar, one who fought for Caesar during the Pompeian campaign and the one who supported him, every nick of time till then. Shakespear did not know. And oh yeah.. from the exclamation from Gaius, I presume caeser himself couldn't work it out.
I think I know.

John Milton said, "I can resist anything but temptation." So be it.
Brutus, who is considered as one among the very best speakers the world have ever seen, was tempted by words. I too, was tempted. You see, the intention is not always negative.
Brutus aided the assassination to prevent the rise of yet another tyrant who have Rome in his clutches. And I...

I, nay..there is no comparison with him and myself. I'll say, I was tempted by a er.. conversation, and thus came the futile attempt to "reclaim" everything.
"everything" huh!!
I thought.. Hell, Ya.. I'll report my feelings.. All I wished was to reclaim my Love. To feel the love again.
Alas for me. now, here I am, standing here naked to sun, unable to face the one whom I backstabbed.

Its said, one who stabs his friend is damned for all eternity. I suppose, I'm that. A traitor. A Scum.
Its a hard feeling, you know. The guilt.. the bloody guilt which burns you away like a lightning burns a cider.

I envy you, oh great Brute, You never had to look at the eyes of Caeser again. I do that. I do suffer that fate. And every time I do, My hands will be clenched in fist of rage. Nay, not to someone else.. Rage towards me. To the bloody tempted-me.

Whatever Shakespear or Mark Anthony said.. history remembers Brutus not as
a great warrior, a great humanitarian, a great speaker of democracy and justice.. a great friend, not even as a True Roman.
History remembers him as a traitor.

Alas for you, my friend.
Alas for me.

I donot think this will be accounted as an apology. Neither do I think that I'll be forgiven.
And, This may hurt a hell lot of people. but I don't give a shit. You know why?
Because, I'm doomed. Nothing on earth can save me now.

5 comments:

Jeevs || ജീവന്‍ said...

this is the comments box. but I'll say, Its better to reserve my comments.
I've already spoken out.
much more than that is necessary.
Now, its time for you guys to speak out.

You can shoot, fire kick and stab.
no need to control the emotions.
Every word is more than welcome.

Viswaprabha said...

Eh Brute,

Beset by the destiny, thou shalt not rein history, but perish.

Beset by the destiny, the Caesars will take their names to the day of Megiddo, et earn the eternity.

May there be the Lord, may there not be.
Thy sentence is written in full
for thou acted the sin, order of the first and last!

The men shall march forward all days to come,
and stamp upon you, stumbling not but only stern...

Jeevs || ജീവന്‍ said...

@viswaprabha.

My sentence is written in ful.
for I have acted the sins that could take me all the way to hell.

Stil, My thanks for your concern.

I bow to thee.

Jeevs || ജീവന്‍ said...

t the verdict.
I'm sorry, it was not commented here as a blog.. it's been uput... somewhere else..
whatever.. I hold the same position.

Jeevs || ജീവന്‍ said...

got the verdict.
I'm sorry, it was not commented here as a blog.. it's been uput... somewhere else..
whatever.. I hold the same position.